Here at Eden Solicitors, we are specialists

Our expert wills & trust solicitors can advise you on all aspects of making a will, from the preparation of wills to trusts and tax planning in order to protect the inheritance of your family, now and in the future.

If you do not have a valid will, the law dictates what happens to your estate:-

If you have no spouse or direct blood relatives your estate will go to the government.
If you live with your partner, but are not married or have not formed a civil partnership, your partner will not receive anything unless they pursue a claim against your estate through the courts, which can be an expensive, lengthy and heartbreaking process.
Even if you are married or are in a civil partnership, your spouse/civil partner will not always receive all of your assets; depending on the value of your estate they may have to share your estate with your children or if you have no children, your parents or brothers/sisters.
You have worked hard to obtain your assets; you have the right to choose who they go to when you die.
If you do not make a Will, this can cause confusion, anxiety and heartache for your family at a time when they are grieving, contact Eden Solicitors to help make your will.

s in dealing with matters relating to children following a divorce or separation. Contact us to discuss anything related to child contact (sometimes called child custody), or child residence.

Following a family breakdown, the needs of any children involved are of the highest importance. Therefore the law in relation to children is clearly based on what is in their best interests and not the best interests of the parents.

It is important to ensure that arrangements for things such as where the children will live, when and how often they will have contact with the non-resident parent and where they will go to school are all agreed.

In practice, the law prefers voluntary agreements between parents rather than court-imposed settlements as it is judged that voluntary agreements are more likely to succeed in the long run. The courts will only usually become involved if both parents are unable to reach a suitable compromise.

To legally end a marriage in this jurisdiction you must show that you have been married for at least a year and 1 day. Our divorce solicitors can advise you on how you should provide the court with this information, including translating foreign certificates, if necessary.

It is commonly said that “there are five grounds of divorce”. This is not actually the case under the law of England and Wales; to legally end your marriage you will have to show that your relationship with your partner has irretrievably broken down.

Contact Our Friendly Legal Team Today