EEA Applications

An EEA Application is a form of 'entry clearance' to the UK (similar to a visa). It is for nationals of countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who are family members of EEA nationals.

Although the UK is a member of the EEA, a non-EEA family member of a British citizen should not generally come to the UK using an EEA family permit. However, a non-EEA family member of a British citizen living abroad can apply for an EEA family permit to join the British citizen on their return to the UK if:

The British citizen has been living in an EEA member state as a worker or self-employed person; and the family member, if they are the British citizen's spouse or civil partner, has been living together with the British citizen in the EEA country.


Areas we cover:

Appeals | Asylum | Entrepreneur Visas – Tier 1 | Investor Visas – Tier 1 | Naturalisation Applications | Settlement Visas | Spouse Visas | Student Visas – Tier 4 | Visitor Visas | Work Permit Visas – Tier 1, 2 And 5

Get in touch